Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Conversation Best Had When Staring into the Dark

Mommy, why am I so awake when I'm so sleepy?
(It's the medicine, sweetie. I know it doesn't make any sense.)

Mommy, my tummy is saying it's hungry again.
(That tummy talks too much, I think).

Mommy, how come no one plays with me anymore?
(We will play anything you like, anytime you feel up to it, I promise).

Mommy, will I ever not be so hungry?
(Absolutely. As soon as you are done with the medicine.)

Mommy, is Lyric going to school again tomorrow?
(Yep. But I know she wishes she could stay home with you.)

Mommy, can I have some soup?
(Not right now--it's not morning time yet.)

So, it's dinner time?
(Nope, it's the middle of the night.)

Oh.

Mommy, when can I see Charlotte and Abigail?
(As soon as you don't have to take all the medicines, honey.)

Mommy, I think I need Mac & Cheese for lunch, and lunch for breakfast.
(Lunch for breakfast, huh?)

Mommy, my legs hurt.
(Here, I'll rub them for you.)

And my tummy is hurting, too.
(All that Mac & Cheese, I bet. Let me rub that, too.)

Mommy, daddy promised me sweet potatoes in the morning.
(After the Mac & Cheese? Or before?)

After I have an Easter egg. I can peel it myself.
(Oh yeah? Cool.)

Mommy, when am I going to be all better?
(It's going to be a while, but one day you'll feel great!)

Maybe if I go back to the hospital, they'll give me more Mac & Cheese.
(Yep, probably.)

And pizza.
(I think you're right.)

I'm still your silly girl, you know.
(I definitely know, that. Always.)

Mommy, I fell down today again when I was just walking.
(I know. That's kind of scary, huh?)

Yeah.

Mommy, I'm so sleepy. Are you so sleepy?
(I really am, kiddo).

Dec 2012: Grrrls with 'tude.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Recent conversation with Charlotte:
Aria is my friend.
(I know, sweatheart.)

I love her.
(We all do.)

anita said...

Sweet girl! I can't wait for her to be better!!