When parenting was new to me, I tried blogging as my "mom diary." But as parenting wasn't so newish to most of the world, it seemed egocentric to blather on about how "amazing" my new baby was.
But now that I'm the mom of a 1-in-400,000 kinda kid, I see some value in sharing. The greatest commonality of humanity is who each of us faces what feels like uncommon challenges. I think we all do better when we know others who are experiencing similar difficulties. This is mine.
For those curious "how" this happened, I will try to keep up with your science questions. But my immediate priority is simply to provide a single source of status updates for all the people who have expressed love and concern,....and simply for clearing my head.
Forgive a lack of editing or structure...this is mostly stream of consciousness (without Faulkner to make it brilliant yet incomprehensible.)
There's a lot of detail at times. I won't be offended if you'd rather skim to the "good parts." (But I will know if you do! I can always tell when you're skimming!)
So here we go. Buckle in.

1 comment:
Thanks for doing this, Kari. I think it will be a great way for people to get updates and offer support without constantly barraging you with questions. We love you!
Post a Comment