Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Today is brought to you by the letter H.

heartwrenching  
Web definitions
(Heartwrencher) A female Dreadnok who carries a large wrench..

Um, ok. Not the definition I was going for. Here, let's do it in pictures:


Lyric utterly adores Aria. She shows it in a dozen ways nearly every day. By comparison, her "Pain In the Ass Big Sister" moments are few and far between.

Still, I worried about how Lyric would respond today when she came home to see Aria nearly bald (it really does happen faster than I could imagine). Lyric's verbal filter typically is...a colander with a giant hole in the center. On the ride home she said,

"I won't say anything...well not TOO much. Mostly. Well, how can I help it if she's bald?"

Oh, dear.

But moments later, she was consumed with concern over how she would respond upon seeing Aria. When we got home, she tiptoed in, ran up to see her sister, and bolted back to see me before I'd even made it out of the garage.

"Aria looks sooooooo cute with her little head, like she did when she was a baby!"

Then she ran back up to tell Aria how much she missed her, and she rubbed her head.

Aria was not entirely receptive to the gushing. And her head, incidentally, is not actually so little. But my Heart grew two sizes this day.


And so, cognizant of Aria's steroid-induced, starch-craving munch-a-thon this month, Lyric let her eat most of the pizza for dinner, and merrily ate Aria's veggies for her instead.


1 comment:

Barbara said...

Sisterhood is really precious, and your two beautiful girls are so good to each other!